The Half Marathon provided a
disappointing end to my Danish trip although the trip itself was quite
enjoyable. The half marathon was one race too many. I thought I might be able
to clock 1:38 but faded to 1:45:52. I was well behind a couple of Brits who I
would normally beat quite easily. (Graham Rafferty 7 Steve Goodwin). In the Masters Championships I was 42nd out
of 54 in my age group (M60 - 64) and 344th out of 461 finishers. There were a
further 3,500 runners in the open race so there was plenty of company. I was
beaten by two women aged over 70. That doesn't happen very often. I also
finished behind half a dozen over 75 year old men!
I should take a two week break
from running every year in September to rest and recover. I missed that last
year due to my late return from Australia. That was probably a factor in this year's injury woes. So I will start my running break straight after this race. I am also due to get pummelled by Jane Geddes (Osteopath) when I return home. Lovely!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.