I did the 9am LSR from Sainsbury's. With ... Jayne Bentall, Neil Sidney, Claire Scott, and Diane Potter. The faster crew went on a head. We did the Llanhennock loop - clockwise.
Today there were several races, a Gwent League cross country, a 10K road race in Pontypool and a 10K in Bristol.
... and there were still a dozen or so runners outside Sainsbury's at 9am for the long run. The route was decided via a bit of banter on Facebook on Saturday afternoon. We split into two groups. I am always tail runner for the slow group. I know to do the Long Slow Run slowly to get maximum benefit from physiological adaptations. There were only 5 of us in the slow group. it is a hilly run and it is quite scenic. We spotted a buzzard in a tree right by the roadside not much higher up than head height. We also saw some Highland Cattle, a green squirrel (topiary), 10 dead frogs/toads on the road (not sure why?), a real (grey) squirrel and a dragon (sculpture).
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.