Sunday, 26 March 2017

Sat - 25/03/17

am
Livetrack threw a huge wobillee this morning. I have no idea why. However, I've had a brilliant morning so here's a ramble!

Previously at 80-82 Gibbs Road....

I woke up at 4am. Pesky couldn't sleep!

So I checked my twitter feed and saw some stuff about low carb diets. I started watching a presentation by Tim Noakes -  'Medical aspects of the low carbohydrate lifestyle'.


Douglas Adams almost got it right with "Resistance is Futile" ... extend it to "Insulin Resistance is Futile" and there's the answer to the ultimate question (probably).

But I digress.... I thought I might grab a screenshot from the video and then go back to sleep but it was so interesting and relevant (for me) that I grabbed about 30 screenshots, watched all 40+ minutes of it then got up, came downstairs and paced up and down in the kitchen muttering "Insulin Resistance" to myself.

At this point I realised I had to give parkrun a good blast this morning. So after sorting my Mum out.  I jogged down to the Big City. I did the Riverfront parkrun. I jogged home again (the real traces are below). I suppose after missing loads of training through injury I should be happy to run 5K in under 22 minutes. And to be honest, I am.
  


Furthermore.

I realise that I was so lucky to have my mid life crisis when Trance Music was at its peak.



... and to cap it all my Mum saw me smiling this morning ... which is a very good thing for both our well-being!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.