I did the Newport parkrun. On a windy morning I set off with the 1:35 pace man (James Pearce). I struggled on the uphill gradients.
In my pre-race analysis I had identified Peter Rodger as the man to beat. Last year as a 59 year old he was two minutes and 30 places in front of me. I knew he was 60 now.
2016 Results extract
|
141
|
Peter
|
Rodger
|
Caerleon RC
|
M50-59
|
16
|
01:34:23
|
01:34:10
|
|
171
|
David
|
Proffitt
|
Lliswerry Runners
|
M60+
|
1
|
01:36:26
|
01:36:10
|
|
211
|
Anthony
|
Vines
|
|
M60+
|
2
|
01:38:38
|
01:38:21
|
This year he was way ahead of
me. I was struggling, I couldn't stay with the 1:35 pace man, I couldn't see
Peter Rodger at all. ... but I knew he was ahead of me somewhere. As I
say I struggled but I didn't give up and at about 9 miles I saw him ahead of me.
He was clearly struggling too.
The weather was bad - very windy. I gradually closed him down and then had to
decide whether to pass him or not. With about a mile to go I passed him and
then just had to run as hard as I could.
He beat me in a sprint finish by
1 second. As it turned out there was a faster M60+ in front of both of us.
I am not fit at the moment so I guess it's not a bad performance. My
Piriformis is not too bad this evening and I've recovered reasonably well so things will get
better.
2017 Results extract
|
171
|
Bernard
|
Henderson
|
Port Talbot Harriers
|
M60+
|
1
|
01:36:22
|
01:36:07
|
|
207
|
Peter
|
Rodger
|
Caerleon Running Club
|
M60+
|
2
|
01:38:01
|
01:37:49
|
|
208
|
David
|
Proffitt
|
Lliswerry Runners
|
M60+
|
3
|
01:38:02
|
01:37:45
|
|
239
|
Anthony
|
Fidw
|
Lliswerry Runners
|
M60+
|
4
|
01:39:18
|
01:39:02
|
|
250
|
Phillip
|
Miles
|
Parc Bryn Bach Running Club
|
M60+
|
5
|
01:39:51
|
01:39:38
|
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.